“no such thing as a boring presentation”
It’s the presenter.
Business presentations are boring and too long is a familiar complaint. We Disagree. We contend there is no such thing as a bad presentation – only a bad experience. Some might say that this is a provocative statement – of course it is. Please indulge us – Stay with us for a moment.
- Have you ever heard dumbed down statistics such as: “A survey of more than 300 managers by training firm “blah blah” Training & Marketing revealed that 97.23% found it difficult to stay alert during business presentations”.
- Or consider this drivel, statistics such as: “66.5 % said any presentation that goes on for more than 30 minutes was too long, with the majority opting for an ideal duration of between 10 and 20 minutes”.
- My favourite;a truly absurd statement (clearly from someone who “researched” this in a glossy magazine or two): “Normal attention span is around 20 minutes which is borne out by the findings of “blah blah” survey. If a presentation is to exceed this length of time it needs to include a refresher, preferably interactive, at the 20 minute stage.” etc.
A presentation is simply an information delivery mechanism. What makes the experience boring or captivating, boils down to one element – The Presenter.
The Presenter has a duty to turn a presentation into an experience, otherwise the audience may as well simply read the data and facts themselves. Moreover, many times the facts or data are truly of interest to the audience group anyway (2006 audiences invariably don’t wish to be read to), what is needed is a truly skilled presenter to create a magical experience for the audience.
It’s not about the slides (have you ever seen Tom Peters slides?). It’s not about you or your suit or your accent. It’s not about being funny, zany, well spoken, “powerful” or a great orator. It’s not enough to simply concentrate on the facts, data or slides. It’s not just enought to be structured and accurate and to the “point”. It’s not just about fonts and words per slide. It’s also not just about your story or right and wrong.
You have to passionately concentrate on the audience and inspire them. That’s it! That’s the secret – your audience holds the secret. You have to unlock the “cryptex” to get to the audience. You cannot force it – you have to unlock the message for your audience. The question is how do you do this – what is the secret code?
I’ve been asked many times, “What are the most important and essential ingredients to performing a really superior presentation?” The answer to this question is very important, because the correct answer to the question is also a key to unlocking the door leading to success. In exploring the answer, we’ll be unleashing the most important communication and influence skill of all, the most important persuasion skill of all; in fact, the greatest success skill there is. An answer to The Secret!
Look no further – we can reveal the code that unlocks the secrets, we have unlocked the “Cryptex”, to creating entrancing presentations; it’s called . . . . .
“UNPLUGGED PRESENTATION MAGIC“.
- HOW TO DEVELOP THE MOST POWERFUL PRESENTATION IN YOUR INDUSTRY.
- HOW TO USE POWERPOINT™ (AND KEEP YOUR AUDIENCE FULLY ENGAGED FOR 3 DAYS (yes 3 days – and we show you how)
- HOW TO CREATE SCRIPTS THAT DOUBLE, TRIPLE OR QUADRUPLE YOUR CREDIBILITY
- HOW TO ANTICIPATE AND DISARM OBJECTIONS-BEFORE THEY EVEN COME UP!
- HOW TO USE A RANGE OF POWERFUL EMOTIONS TO MOTIVATE YOUR AUDIENCE!
- HOW TO ANALYZE YOUR SPEECH WITH VIDEO CLIPS AND AUDIOS
- THE ADVICE YOU SHOULD NEVER LISTEN TO IF YOU ARE GIVING A SPEECH! (THIS COULD SAVE YOU FROM EMBARRASMENT!)
- HOW TO ADD SO MUCH POWER TO YOUR OPENING THAT THE CLOSE ALMOST TAKES CARE OF ITSELF!
- HOW TO “PERSUASION ENGINEER” YOUR SPEECH!
- HOW TO CREATE A POWERFUL MASTERMIND SCRIPT BOOK!
- HOW TO ELIMINATE STAGE FRIGHT AND PERFORMANCE FEAR.
- HOW TO MAINTAIN A MODEL “SPEAKER STATE” – COMPOSED, TOGETHER AND CENTRED.
- HOW TO FIND OUT IF YOU ARE BORING
- HOW TO QUICKLY AND EASILY BUILD RAPPORT WITH ANY SIZE OF AUDIENCE.
- HOW TO CONSTRUCT AND SCRIPT YOUR PRESENTATION SO THAT IT WORKS BEST WITH EVERYONE’S LEARNING STYLE.
- HOW TO USE SPECIFIC MOVEMENTS TO INCREASE YOUR IMPACT AND AGILITY.
- HOW TO MANAGE YOUR AUDIENCE’S STATE OF MIND MOMENT BY MOMENT.
- HOW TO HANDLE PROBLEMATICAL AUDIENCES AND HECKLERS.
- HOW TO ENTERTAIN AND ADD FUN TO YOUR PRESENTATIONS.
- DISCOVER THE METAPHORS, ANECDOTES AND ANALOGIES TO REALLY PUT YOUR MESSAGE ACROSS.
- HOW TO CREATE AND INFLUENCE THE ENERGY IN THE ROOM.
- BOOST YOUR CHARISMA AND PERSONAL CHARM
To arrange for an “UNPLUGGED PRESENTATION MAGIC” workshop in your office.
Contact Us on +44 7736 11 22 11
P.S. (see Tom Hanks as Professor Langdon doing a presentation in the movie “The Da Vinci Code” – now that’s a presentation!)